The e-pill Med-O-Wheel SECURE (SKU 870812) gives the right medication at the right time
. Tamper-resistant electronic pill dispenser. Its unique locking feature closes 5 minutes after meds have been taken, making it suitable for professional use by rehabilitation and mental health care professionals. It is a portable tamper resistant locked pill dispenser and may be used outside the home (work, school, drug rehab etc.).
This pill dispenser for drug rehab also features a unique 180 minute medication dosing window for each dose
(see below for more information).
Tablet count verification is easy to do without unlocking the Med-O-Wheel SECURE device because it has a see-thru bottom. It also has a built-in Tamper Alarm.
This device is often used for pain management involving Class II or III medications. It has been clinically tested in Unobserved Opioid Substitution Treatment programs.Features and Advantages of e-pill Med-O-Wheel SECURE tamper-resistant electronic pill dispenser:
Precise Medication Dispensing Window:
- Portable Tamper-Resistant Locked Automatic Pill Dispenser can be used inside or outside the patient's home (work, school, out-patient clinic, drug rehabilitation etc.)
- Clinically tested (Opioid Substitution Treatment / CIII, Schedule III Controlled Substance) in Unobserved Opioid Substitution Treatment programs.
- Secure Pill Storage designed for Professional Use.
- Popular device to administer Buprenorphine sublingual tablets.
- Three hour (180 minutes) medication dosing window for each dose .
- Early dose 1 hour before alarm (discreet silent alarm).
- Long Alarm Duration 120 Minutes Alarm Time. 1 Hour Early Dose is followed by 2 Hours Alarm Time or until taken.
- Sturdy Metal Lock (metal lock and metal key, 2 keys are included).
- Releases Medication Only At The Right Time (within the 180 minute dosing window) for each alarm. Opening is closed 5 minutes after dispensing.
- Enables long-term medication treatment / pain management at home, work, rehab or school.
- Verification of tablet count can be done without unlocking the dispenser.
- Built-in Tamper Alarm.
- Each day can be programmed for 1–4 daily medication doses (events).
- Featured in the New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM).
Example: a patient in opioid replacement treatment has been prescribed Suboxone® to be taken each morning at 9 AM. The e-pill Med-O-Wheel SECURE is set to give the medication at 9 AM. The medication can be taken from the e-pill dispenser between 8 AM and 11 AM. Once the medication has been taken, the Med-O-Wheel SECURE locks shut until the next morning (or time for the next dose, up to 4 times per day). The empty slot from which the medication was taken is no longer visible to the patient.
How It Works:
Medication doses used in drug therapy and/or mental health care can be loaded into the e-pill Med-O-Wheel SECURE when the administration of the medication must be regular and secure. The patient receives the medication only at a specific time of the day. Otherwise the device is locked shut and the medication is safe inside the unit. It is possible to set Med-O-Wheel SECURE to provide 1–4 dosage opportunities daily.
When the user presses the transparent part of the device cover, Med-O-Wheel moves the correct dose for release and then locks shut until the next specified dosage time.
This device is in regular use in Finland at the Kuopio Clinic. It was first used in A-clinic Foundation Espoo Finland. Published study
: The effect of an electronic medicine dispenser on diversion of buprenorphine-naloxone—experience from a medium-sized Finnish city.Alarms:
1, 2, 3 or 4 Medication events per day (up to 4 Doses per day). Daily medication events are always scheduled at the same time each day (PRN dosing not possible with this e-pill dispenser).
6 aspirin sized tablets per dosage event. Total capacity 28 dosage.
- Fill every 28 days x 1 Day Dosing
- Fill every 14 days (bi-weekly) x 2 Day Dosing
- Fill every 9 days x 3 Day Dosing
- Fill every 7 days (weekly) x 4 Day Dosing
SKU 870812 / UPC 837066002736 / e-pill Med-O-Wheel SECURE / Addoz MedOWheel.
5 1/2 inch x 2 1/2 inch Weight:
11 Oz. Battery life:
6 months (2 x AA included)
SUBOXONE® (buprenorphine and naloxone)(CIII) is a prescription medicine and is a registered trademark of Reckitt Benckiser Pharmaceuticals Inc.
All ProsperSafe Products come with a 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee and a 1 Year Warranty.
Availability: Usually ships the next business day.